Do you like to read? Interested in free books? Willing to write a review of the books? Have your own blog?
If you answered yes to all those questions then you may be eligible to join a blogging for books review program. Below are links to various blogging for books companies that give free books to reviewers. When you sign-up you can request a book free of charge as long as you offer to write a review of it in multiple places (normally your own personal blog, the publishing companies’ homepage, and at least one other location like http://www.barnesandnoble.com, http://www.amazon.com, or even http://www.christianbook.com). Links for each of these are also available on the left hand side of the screen.
- Waterbrook/Multnomah Publishers Blogging for Books Program – you can also follow them on Twitter or Facebook
- BookSneeze – books from Thomas Nelson Publishers; you can also follow them on Twitter or Facebook
- Faith Words – books by authors like Phillip Yancey, Charles Swindoll, or David Jeremiah; you can also follow them on Twitter
- NetGalley – Perhaps one of the largest sites in that it offers multiple (and I mean multiple, literally dozens of) publishers using electronic galley editions; you can read the electronic editions on your computer (using Adobe Digital Editions), or even on an electronic reader like the Nook, iPad, or Kindle (I use an iPad with the free BlueFire Reader App installed, but most e-readers are supported); you can also follow on Twitter or Facebook
- Reformation Trust – the publishing arm of Ligonier Ministries and R.C. Sproul
- New Leaf Publishers – according to their site, they connect “Christians who believe in Biblical Creation”
- Tyndale House Media – request books from Tyndale House Publishers
- Bethany House Book Reviewers – Unlike the other sites that list their available books, this one (from Bethany House Publishers of Baker Publishing) send out occasional emails with available books.
- freeonkindle – A Twitter feed with links to Christian books available on the Kindle device for free or heavily discounted; unlike the other sites this does not require you to post a review.